Applications for the Peace Corps Prep Program will be accepted each semester. The fall application deadline is October 15th. The spring application deadline is March 1st.
Current second and third year undergraduate students at UVA in good standing may apply. Current fourth year students may be considered on a case by case basis.
Applications should be submitted at least three semesters before a student's expected graduation date.
Steps for Applying to the Peace Corps Prep Program
- Review the UVA Peace Corps Prep Program Student Guide.
- Submit a completed UVA Peace Corps Prep Program admission application, a resume/CV, and a one-page personal statement of interest to the Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor by either the fall or spring deadline.
- Applicants meet with a Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor to receive admission into the program.
After admission to the program, students must earn a minimum grade of B- in all courses listed on the student’s Peace Corps Prep plan of study.
Completing the Peace Corps Prep Program
- Submit a completed Exit Checklist to the Peace Corps Prep Program Advisor when you have completed all program requirements.
- Note: Peace Corps Prep students who apply for Peace Corps service should scan and attach the signed Exit Checklist to their Peace Corps application with the name “PC Prep Checklist.” If you apply to Peace Corps before completing a requirement, you should still submit a signed Exit Checklist - write: “[Activity]: planned [month/year]” for any incomplete requirement.